Home Inspectors Association BC
Mark Nicholet is a proud member of the Home Inspectors Association British Columbia.
HIABC (Home Inspectors Association British Columbia) is formerly known as CAHPI(BC) and is one of a few associations recognized by the BC Government and Consumer protection BC. HIABC is directly involved and responsible for home inspector education, ethics, standards of practice and consumer relations including strict regulations for inspectors entering and working in a career of home inspections. Any questions or concerns you may have regarding HIABC home inspectors should be first addressed with the home inspector and if unresolved then brought to the attention of HIABC at:
Home Inspectors Association British Columbia
5 – 3304 Appaloosa Road Kelowna, BC V1V 2W5 Email: email@example.com Website: Home Inspectors Association British Columbia Phone (within BC): 1-855-224-7422 Outside BC: (250) 491-3979 Fax (within BC): 1-866-405-9232 Outside BC: (250) 491-2285 Office hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
HIABC achieves its Mission by:
- Providing Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Providing a 1-800 telephone number to contact our Association about home inspections and inspectors.
- Requiring mandatory examinations.
- Requiring Associate Members to complete a minimum of 250 pre-purchase inspections that conform to HIABC Standards of Practice prior to receiving Registered Home Inspector status.
- Requiring all eligible Members to carry Comprehensive General Liability Insurance and Errors and Omissions coverage.
- Requiring mandatory continued education credits in order to retain membership.
- Providing a process for the response to complaints, and, as required, a disciplinary process for Members.
- Supplying information, news releases, and articles to all media in British Columbia.
- Requiring all Members to use a written contract meeting minimum standards for all residential inspections.